Tuesday, October 6, 2009

We made it!

We made it to New Zealand!!!

Let me just start by saying the 13 hour flight on Air New Zealand was one of the best flights I've ever been on... Not joking...

Our flight wasn't until 9:30pm but we didn't end up taking off until 10:30pm. If we were on any other flight I would have been anxious since we were already going to be on the plane for 13 hours. We got on the plane and the TV was already available to us. There was a selection of over 75 movies to choose from that we could watch at any point with options to pause, rewind, and fast forward. There were 100's of songs and we could make our own play list. AND there were games to play since the remote control was also a video game controller. I started by watching the 2nd Transformers.

I ended up getting so tired I couldn't even make it through the 1st movie. We ate dinner, drank the complimentary wine, and fell fast asleep for a good 5-6hours without any sleeping pills. We were able to wake up for a little while to listen to some music and play games before falling asleep for another 2 hours. The time went by soooo fast.

We finally arrived in New Zealand, went through customs... An airport security dog ran after me and jumped on my bag of food. Thank goodness it was only a Beagle because it knocked my bag down. I wasn't sure whether to scold it or not because if anyone else's dog jumped on me I would have kneed it in the chest. I grabbed it's collar and the airport lady asked me not to touch him because he was doing his job (searching for fruit and meat that isn't allowed in the country). I guess he liked the smell of my opened bag of Corn Nuts because that's all that was in there.

We finally got out of customs around 8:00am and Rob and Maria were there waiting for us. We're both exhausted now but we've been working on staying awake until bed time so we can get on this time zone.

We're leaving to get dinner... will finish later!


No comments:

Post a Comment